Saturday, April 24, 2010

Biggest Submarine Sandwich Ever....sigh...

Ok, let me start by saying, almost nothing beats a great Italian Sub, and when I find one, I'll let you know.

Here's the problem, and this happened to me recently. Driving around we decided to stop at this tiny place, a true 'hole in the wall' with a sign that said 'Submarine Sandwiches'. I was like....'perfect, let's stop!' Looked at their menu...only subs, nothing else! I thought, 'great, they must make amazing subs since that's all they serve"

So there we are waiting in line(a short line...hmm) and I'm seeing other peoples sandwiches getting made and they are HUGE! They looked good, good amount of meat, a ton of toppings(pickles, tomatoes and onions) Sounds good right? Now with this picture perfect sub, I unwrapped it and took a bite....instant disappointment. The bread (which is very important, imo) was basically stale, the cold cuts....eh and the ton o' toppings...way too much.

This is among many places I've been to where they serve huge sandwiches thinking it's all about quantity and not quality.

I guess it's back to Subway for now....sigh...

Bottom Line: Still looking for a great italian sub and it is all about Quality, not quantity. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Try an Italian sub from Jersey Mike's and get it 'Mike's Way' with the oil and everything. Beats the tar out of Quizno's and Subway!

    Funny blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete