Saturday, April 3, 2010

um...Car Key Hostage?

Ok, Yahoo recently posted the Top 5 Car Dealer Scams to Avoid...

This was number 2...

2. Confiscation:

Whatever you do, don't give up your keys to your current vehicle - even if the "used car manager" asks for them to asses the car for it's trade-in value, even if the sales manager asks for them as collateral while taking a test drive. If negotiations should go amiss, it's impossible to walk out on the deal if you have no way to start your car.

Are you telling me that a dealer would take your keys and not give them up until you buy a car from them? Are you serious, I can't believe Yahoo would even post such BS. I'd like to see a dealer take my car hostage until I signed a deal with them, I'd really like to see that.

Bottome Line: WTF!

No comments:

Post a Comment